To configure the 'Mail' app on an Apple device for access to Google Apps email, just follow these steps:
Enable IMAP in your Gmail settings
- Sign in to Gmail.
- Click the gear in the top right .
- Select Settings.
- Click Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
- Select Enable IMAP.
- Click Save Changes.
Get started in your device
- Open the Settings app on your device
- Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars
- Tap Add Account...
- Tap Gmail
- Enter your account information, being sure to use your full Google Apps email address
- Tap Next
- Tap Save