Each time you run a migration with Google Apps Migration for Microsoft® Outlook, files are created that log the status of each step of the migration, along with other details. There are two types of log files:
- Status files summarize the overall status of a completed migration. Open a Status file to see how many items got imported and whether any items did not import.
- Trace files contain more detailed information about a migration as it progresses through importing your data. If you encounter a problem while importing, you can open the migration's Trace file to see where in the process the error occurred (or provide this information to Google support).
Log files are located on your computer in the following location:
- Windows XP
- C:\Documents and Settings\your-user-name\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Google Apps Migration\Tracing\ClientMigration
- Windows Vista/ Windows 7/ Windows 8
- C:\Users\your-user-name\AppData\Local\Google\Google Apps Migration\Tracing\ClientMigration
If you encounter a problem with Google Apps Migration for Microsoft Outlook, double-check your configuration settings and submit the generated trace files to the Google Apps Migration for Microsoft Outlook Log Analyzer. Most issues can be identified within a few moments of submission.