Customize spam filter settings - approved senders
Modified on: Fri, 4 Dec, 2015 at 6:23 PM
Sign in to the Google Admin console
- From the dashboard, go to Apps > Google Apps > Gmail > Advanced settings.
- In the Organizations section, highlight your domain or the organizational unit for which you want to configure settings (see Configure advanced settings for Gmail for more details).
- Scroll down to the Spam section:
- If the setting's status is Not configured yet, click Configure (the "Add setting" dialog box displays).
- If the setting's status is Locally applied, click Edit to edit an existing setting (the "Edit setting" dialog box displays), or click Add another to add a new setting (the "Add setting" dialog box displays).
- If the setting’s status is Inherited, click View to view the inherited setting, or click Add another to add a new setting (the "Add setting" dialog box displays).
- Enter a description for this configuration—for example, Spam setting for engineering.
- To configure spam filtering to be more aggressive, check the Be more aggressive when filtering bulk mail box. If you check this box, Gmail’s spam filter is more likely to decide that a message is spam. As a result, fewer spam messages should arrive in your users' Inbox. However, checking this box may also result in more non-spam messages being sent to your users' Spam folder.
- To set up an approved sender list, select either or both of the following options:
- To bypass spam filters for messages received from internal senders (from users in the same organization), check the Bypass spam filters for messages received from internal senders box.
- To bypass spam filters for messages received from addresses or domains specified in your approved sender lists, check the Bypass spam filters for messages received from addresses or domains within these approved senders lists box.
- To send messages that meet your spam filter criteria to an admin quarantine for review, check the Put spam in administrative quarantine box. If you check this box, spam messages will never be directed to users' spam folders (or Message Center, in the case of a non-Gmail mailbox). A message released from admin quarantine is delivered directly to the end user's inbox or non-Gmail mailbox.
- If you checked the second box in step 7 (to set up an approved sender list), do the following:
- Click Add or create a new one to create a new approved sender list.
- To use an existing list as your approved sender list, click the list name.
- To create a new list, enter a name for the list in the Create new list field, and then click Create.
- To edit one of your lists, hover over the list name, click Edit, and then do the following:
- To add email addresses or domains to the list, click Add.
- Enter an email address or domain name (for example, solarmora.com).
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.